Tuesday 14 October 2014

Autumn ideas

I have young children and many times my teaching ideas come from playing with them:-)

Leaves from the park:
We like collecting leaves in the park, we put them in big dictionaries for a few days and then we can make monsters with them.


These are my Year 4’s leaf monsters, they are learning body parts at the moment.
 

Y6 are sending the leaf bunting to Spain, it will look really good on our partner school’s classroom display. We have written a few sentences about ourselves under the leaf people.
 

Nuts about numbers:
Before we eat the hazelnuts from my garden, I am taking them to school to play with. We are learning big numbers in Year 5, they have a laminated placemat with the numbers 1-100 in Spanish and they have to challenge each other to say the nut number in Spanish and check if the answer is correct.
 
Bonkers about conkers:

One of my children’s favourite book character is Kippkopp, the conker boy.On rainy Sunday afternoons we do crafty activities at home, last week we made some conker people. I will use some of these to revisit hair/eye colours and today we have made some comic book pages with them in Year 3/4.
 
 I wonder what I will be teaching when my own two kids grow up and won’t play with me any more...

 









No comments:

Post a Comment